Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Starting Pay: $17.50 – $22.00
Location: City Heights & El Cajon
Hours of Work: TBD
Status/ Hours: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Under general supervision, the Sanitation Technician will be responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing of all
equipment, floors, railings, totes, floors, etc. in their assigned work areas. This position will be required to
accurately complete daily checklists and report findings to their supervisor.
• Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc. from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting
• Follow OSHA sanitation guidelines
• Wash, rinse, and sanitize all equipment, work areas, and facilities.
• Execute Master Sanitation Schedule: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Semi-Annual and Annual.
• Maintain sanitation checklist of all sanitation activities.
• Monitor and adjust chemical cleaning usage
• Abide by safety protocols solutions.
• Safely prepares CIP chemicals/solutions for Production.
• Safely Cleans and sanitizes stair wells, Floors, Walls, Garbage Containers and Cleaning Equipment, Dock areas, Exterior Grounds and Parking Lots
• Segregate and compact recyclables (cardboard, aluminum, etc.) and remove trash .
• Cleans walls, windows, doors, vents, lights, hand wash sinks and toilets, partitions, dividers that
separate toilet stalls, locker room floors, rest rooms and replenishes rest room supplies (e.g. toilet
paper, paper towel, soap, etc.); squeegees standing puddles of water into drains, and collects and
empties waste/recycle receptacles, including those containing bio-hazardous materials (e.g. blood or
other bodily fluids, etc.).
• Clean Conference room/employee lunch room, exterior grounds, refrigerator (interior and exterior),and
• Keeps Sanitation/Cleaning areas clean at all times
• Participates in the training of new equipment being used or cleaning solutions.
• Washes windows, door panels, and sills.
• Empties wastebaskets.
• Transports trash and waste to disposal area.
• Cleans, washes, sanitizes and/or polishes bathroom fixtures. Assures that water marks are removed
• Productive in completing assigned duties.
• Discards infectious waste into appropriate container.
• Maintain adequate supply of housekeeping supplies to perform
• Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies, using vacuum cleaners and shampooers.
• Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
• Must recognize and report needed repairs.
• Assist with work orders.
• Maintain equipment assigned in clean and operational condition.
• Be courteous to patients and staff.
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
1. Other duties as assigned.
2. Attend Staff meetings.
Education: High School Diploma or GED Preferred
Experience: Minimum of one year experience working in a custodial position in a healthcare clinic or medical office.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age
2. Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities
1. Respond promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
2. Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
3. Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives
4. Interacts and communicates in a manner to reflect an understanding of the patient’s age, culture, state of health, and level of comprehension
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.