Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Job Title: Accountant Job Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Controller Salary Range: 55,000 – 80,000 yr. (DOE)
The Accountant position provides general accounting support to the Controller and the Chief Financial Officer as assigned.
- Maintain general ledger accounts, adjusting journal entries, reconciliations and reporting in the Sage accounting system in conjunction with assigned tasks.
- Work with accounts payable and accounts receivable staff to ensure transactions are properly recorded.
- Make necessary correcting entries to properly report assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support.
- Reconcile general ledger and sub accounts as assigned.
- Assist with the financial coordination and reporting for various Grants and Programs as assigned.
- Provide general support to the Controller and Chief Financial officer as requested. This may include special projects, process improvement, process monitoring and various specialized reporting.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with all staff, patients and clients
- Attend staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or significant prior experience in similar position.
Certification required: Not applicable
Experience: Minimum 4 year experience in community health center accounting functions or comparable work environments.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.