Website La Maestra Family Health Center
LA MAESTRA COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS
Job Title: Accountant II
Reports To: Controller
Job Status: Non-Exempt
The Accountant position provides general accounting support to the Controller and the Chief Financial Officer as assigned.
- Maintain general ledger accounts, adjusting journal entries, reconciliations and reporting in the Sage accounting system in conjunction with assigned tasks.
- Work with accounts payable and accounts receivable staff to ensure transactions are properly recorded.
- Make necessary correcting entries to properly report assets, liabilities, revenues and expenses.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support.
- Reconcile general ledger and sub accounts as assigned.
- Assist with the financial coordination and reporting for various Grants and Programs as assigned.
- Provide general support to the Controller and Chief Financial officer as requested. This may include special projects, process improvement, process monitoring and various specialized reporting.
- Maintains effective communication and working relationships with all staff, patients and clients
- Attend staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and significant prior experience in similar position.
Certification required: Not required
Experience: Minimum 5 to 8 years in Community Health Center accounting position or comparable environment,
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age appropriate interactions.
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities
- Respond promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
- Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives
- Interacts and communicates in a manner to reflect an understanding of the patient’s age, culture, state of health, and level of comprehension
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free environment.
- Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
- Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocols
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pre-employment requirements include I-9 verification, physical examination, positive background and reference check results, completed employment application, new hire orientation attendance.
- Comply with all regulations and required schedules regarding OSHA training.
Employee Physical Compliance
- Required physical to be performed annually.
Policies and Procedures Compliance
- Responsible for following all La Maestra Family Clinic policies and procedures.
Meal Period Compliance (Non-exempt employees only.)
- Punch out before 5 hours from the start of shift for meal periods.
Sexual Harassment Training (Management employees only.)
- Comply with all regulations and required schedules regarding sexual harassment training.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the attached job description. My signature below certifies that I am able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. I have also discussed any accommodations that I feel I might need to allow me to perform these essential functions. I agree to abide by all administrative and medical policies and protocols of La Maestra Community Health Centers.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.