Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Pay Range: $17.00 to $22.00 per hour, Depends on Experience (DOE)
Location: City Heights
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Assists the Instructors in implementing a range of program services for youth I 0-18 years old in Arts, Health, Life skills, Character, Leadership, Education, Career, Sports, and Fitness.
• Guide and assist students with homework help, projects, nutrition, and course work.
• Attends daily AfterSchool program and required training sessions.
• Also assists in light renovation and maintenance of facilities.
• Offers insights, generates reports, and interfaces with parents and guest speakers.
• Assists Program Director in accomplishing Foundation goals
Hours: Weekdays 4pm to 6pm (up to 10 hours/week)
Certification required: Must obtain CPR Certification within 60 days of hire. Must be at least 16 years of age. Clean driving record. TB test clearance.
Experience: 1-2 years experience
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and
interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in a team environment and interacting collaboratively with other team members. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions. Enjoy working with teens. Desire to see students excel. Ability to follow instructions. Patience with students. Desire to actively participate in the programs and courses offered.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Respond promptly and with caring actions to customers and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
2. Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
3. Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives
4. Interacts and communicates in a manner to reflect an understanding of the patient’s age, culture, state of health, and level of comprehension
La Maestra Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.