Website La Maestra Community Health Center
Job Title: Community Health Worker- REACH
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Outreach/Community Health Worker Manager
Provide Community Outreach and caregiver education. Increase awareness about Alzheimer’s disease, caregiver health and mental health, and the resources available in the community including: evaluations, medical services, caregiver support services, and the REACH psycho educational interventions offered by the Project.
- Delivers the necessary prevention healthcare information to the community. Prevention information includes but is not limited to information about Alzheimer’s, mental health and caregiver needs, general tips on behavior management and reducing stress.
- Participate in community health fairs
- Conduct general community educational and caregiver training.
- Participate in community network meetings
- Disseminate Prevention material
- Screen groups and individuals for referrals to support services.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of the services, programs, and functional operations at La Maestra Community Health Centers.
- Work with Southern Caregiver Resource Center’s Care Manager.
- Attend staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience working in a customer service position in a healthcare clinic or medical office.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual (English/Spanish). Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Pay Range: $20.00 – $28.00 per hour, depends on experience (DOE)
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.