Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Starting Pay: DOE
Location: Fairmount, City Heights
Hours of Work: TBD
Status/Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
As a COVID-19 Screener at La Maestra Community Health Center, this position has been developed to assist clients with performing objective on-site screening specifically for COVID-19 as a means of prevention of spread within the facilities and job sites. The COVID-19 Screener plays an important role specifically operating within the protocols established for screening humans for possible infection utilizing individual COVID-19 questionnaires, a brief exam consisting of a tympanic, infrared (IR) and/or oral temperature. This position may include the initiation of medical care dependent upon the responses of COVID-19 questionnaires, or other information obtained during the screening process.
This position performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in an approach that emphasizes quality of care, patient safety and customer service The COVID-19 Screener must work collaborative with the other members of their care them, exhibiting flexibility and a “can-do” attitude. Patient services are a key priority to the position requiring the COVID-19 Screener to act as a point of contact with other care teams, departments and sites. The position must epitomize the mission of the organization, always exercising empathy and respect in all patients/staff interactions.
- Administer COVID-19 questionnaires directly to patients.
- Screen personnel entering job sites.
- Administering and interpreting the temperature of an individual utilizing tympanic and/or oral thermometers according to manufacturer’s instructions and CDC guidance for personal protection.
- Work with RN/Cold and Cough Clinic to provide COVID-19 testing to patients/staff.
- Don and Doff PPE as required within the protocol for performing medical screening.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to intake multiple pieces of information from multiple sources, prioritize and summarize in a clear, concise and accurate manner to all appropriate stakeholders.
- Prioritize and coordinate multiple events simultaneously.
- Ability to speak/write clearly and directly while effectively communicating with global service providers, clients and clinical providers via phone and email.
Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent; or 1-2 years’ related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in a physician office or hospital setting in the clinical and/or administration setting performing Medical Assistant, Patient Services Representative duties, oversight activities or quality improvement/assurance preferred.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.