Website La Maestra Community Health center
Job Title: Dentist
Reports To: Dental Director
Job Status: Exempt Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $176,800.00- $218,400.00 annually, Depends on Experience (DOE)
Diagnoses and treats diseases, injuries, and malformations of teeth, gums, and related oral structures of La Maestra Community Health Care dental patients.
- Examines patient to determine nature of condition, utilizing x-rays, dental instruments, and other diagnostic procedures.
- Cleans, fills, extracts, replaces, and rebuilds teeth, using rotary and hand instruments, dental appliances, medications, and surgical implements.
- Responsible for making models of replacement teeth (taking accurate measurements and precautions)
- Provides preventive dental services to patient, such as applications of fluorides and sealants to teeth, and education in oral and dental hygiene.
- Provide instruction on diet, brushing, flossing, the use of fluorides, and other aspects of dental care.
- Administer anesthetics and write prescriptions for antibiotics and other medications.
- Refer patients to necessary specialist for dental services that cannot be performed in La Maestra offices.
- Keep records all dental work done on patients
- Maintain complete and accurate record keeping of all dental work done on patients and sign/approve clinical documentation.
- Uphold all OSHA standards, rules, and regulations while ensuring all other dental support staff follow suite
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients
- Ensure quality of dental work is within the set “Standard of Care”.
- Able to work at different locations if an additional provider is needed.
- Mentoring Dental Residents
- Will see 16 patients per day or two patients per hour
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Patient Centered Medical Home Essential Responsibilities (Principals)
- Collaborate with individual patients, their personal physicians, and when appropriate the patient’s family to ensure accessible, comprehensive, compassionate, and culturally competent care
- Facilitate care by registries, information technology, health information exchange and other means to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want it in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
- Ensure all decisions respect patients’ wants, needs, and preferences and that patients have the education and support they require to make decisions and participate in their own care.
- Continually strive to attend to each patients “whole person,” in the context of the patient’s personal and medical history and life circumstances, rather than focusing on a particular disease, organ, or system
Education: Degree from an accredited dental school
Certification: Active unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of California, active DEA license, active CPR certification.
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience practicing dentistry in a community health care setting preferred
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Comprehensive knowledge of primary dental care in an outpatient setting. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age appropriate care.
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities
- Respond promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
- Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives
- Interacts and communicates in a manner to reflect an understanding of the patient’s age, culture, state of health, and level of comprehension
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free environment.
- Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
- Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocols
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pre-employment requirements include I-9 verification, physical examination, positive background and reference check results, completed employment application, new hire orientation attendance.
- Comply with all regulations and required schedules regarding OSHA training.
Employee Physical Compliance
- Required physical to be performed annually.
Policies and Procedures Compliance
- Responsible for following all La Maestra Family Clinic policies and procedures.
Meal Period Compliance (Non-exempt employees only.)
- Punch out before 5 hours from the start of shift for meal periods.
Sexual Harassment Training (Management employees only.)
- Comply with all regulations and required schedules regarding sexual harassment training.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the attached job description. My signature below certifies that I am able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. I have also discussed any accommodations that I feel I might need to allow me to perform these essential functions. I agree to abide by all administrative and medical policies and protocols of La Maestra Community Health Centers.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.