Website lamaesta family healthy center
Job Title: Grant Accountant
Reports To: Controller
Job Status: Non-Exempt
The Grant Accountant is responsible for management and oversight of the grant accounting for various governmental, corporate and private foundation grants supporting La Maestra programs and services.
The Grant Accountant will work closely with the Controller, CFO and others in the organization in all aspects of financial grant administration and the associated implementation of accounting policies, procedures and controls.
This position requires leadership capabilities, a solid operational and technical accounting background and the ability to work proactively to drive results. This person is a self-starter, flexible, has a high level of integrity and is action and goal-oriented in a fast-paced, team-oriented, collaborative environment. The position also provides general accounting support to the Controller and the Chief Financial Officer as assigned.
- Grant administration duties include award and post-award fiscal grant management working with program staff to ensure LMFC is in fiscal compliance with state, federal, and private grant reporting requirements.
- Perform general accounting activities, including reconciliations, assisting the Controller during the audit and journal entries during the month end close.
- Manage the grant disbursement process and reconciliation of fund balance to the general ledger.
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of annual and grant budgets and grant reporting, including backup documentation. Supply copies of audits and regulatory documentation to the appropriate requestor.
- Writing/creating, revising and/or reviewing policies and grant procedures.
- Maintain monthly grant spreadsheet to support the monthly grant billing process and prepare the monthly invoices.
- Prepare required financial information necessary for the yearly A-133 audit.
- In addition to the core responsibilities of the position, may be asked, or may seek, to engage unique abilities, strengths and passions through participation on cross-functional teams.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or significant prior experience in similar position. CPA or Masters degree in an associated field a plus.
Certification required: Not applicable
Experience: Minimum 3 year experience in non-profit grant accounting functions or comparable work environments.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing. High level of proficiency with Excel spreadsheets and data based applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job:
- Process Improvements
- Attention to Detail
- Verbal and Written Communication
- Team Player
- Interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction
- Knowledge of communities we serve.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age appropriate interactions.
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities
- Respond promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
- Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives
- Interacts and communicates in a manner to reflect an understanding of the patient’s age, culture, state of health, and level of comprehension
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free environment.
- Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
- Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocols
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pre-employment requirements include I-9 verification, physical examination, positive background and reference check results, completed employment application, new hire orientation attendance.
- Comply with all regulations and required schedules regarding OSHA training.
Employee Physical Compliance
- Required physical to be performed annually.
Policies and Procedures Compliance
- Responsible for following all La Maestra Family Clinic policies and procedures.
Meal Period Compliance (Non-exempt employees only.)
- Punch out before 5 hours from the start of shift for meal periods.
Sexual Harassment Training (Management employees only.)
- Comply with all regulations and required schedules regarding sexual harassment training.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
I acknowledge that I have read and understand the attached job description. My signature below certifies that I am able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position. I have also discussed any accommodations that I feel I might need to allow me to perform these essential functions. I agree to abide by all administrative and medical policies and protocols of La Maestra Community Health Centers.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.