Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Health Insurance
Salary Range: $20.00 – $24.00
La Maestra Community Health Centers is currently recruiting an external bilingual (English/Spanish) Human Resources Assistant. This is a full-time position 40 hours per week /Monday-Friday, in our Human Resources department at our City Heights location. The skills we’re looking for include excellent organization ability, familiarity with HR software and strong communication skills. To be an ideal candidate for the human resources assistant position, you should possess some experience in HR healthcare or a related field, be able to work autonomously, remain calm under pressure and remain professional with confidential information.
1. Works with department supervisors to coordinate volunteers/externs/interns.
2. Processes employment and benefit enrollment change notices and/or initial forms.
3. Maintains record of insurance coverage, 401K plans, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations.
4. Assists with and coordinates recruitment efforts. Receives and tracks employment applications.
5. Responsible for effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting human resources information.
6. Process employment verification forms.
7. Assists with reference checks.
8. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining professional working relations with applicants, visitors, callers, and business professionals. Assists with questions courteously and promptly.
9. Performs general research and analysis of information to prepare reports.
10. Maintains all department documentation including personnel files up to date and filed accurately.
11. Responsible for ensuring the department has sufficient supplies, needed documents, etc.
11. Prepares and sends routine correspondence and notices to internal and external customers.
12. Attends and participates in meetings as required.
13. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED. Associates or BA in related field preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years responsible related experience in general office, clerical or customer services work as well as human resources experience. Or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual (English/Spanish). Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.