Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Job Title: Human Resources Compliance Specialist
Reports To: Chief of Human Resources
Job Status: Non-Exempt
The HR Compliance Specialist role will heavily support the team to ensure consistent practices with all policies, documentation, and all aspects of HR including investigations, handbook updates and compliance training. This role will report to the CHRO and will support other HR team members.
- Manage and update HRIS including employee and manager set up, changes and reporting
- Ensure up to date documentation in HRIS for new hires and all employees
- Tracking compliance for I9s, Employee Taxes, Harassment and other mandatory training to manager and employee
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains and updates employee Handbook as policies and laws change
- Completes quarterly audits to maintain compliance
- Attends and participates in employee coaching, disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations and ensure proper notes and documentation for employee relation issues and investigations
- Employee file management and follows all federal guidelines
- Assists with all tracking of all COVID related requirements
- Tracks and maintains accurate reporting to multiple team leaders
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in
human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Patient Centered Medical Home Essential Responsibilities (Principals)
- Collaborate with individual patients, their personal physicians, and when appropriate the patient’s family to ensure accessible, comprehensive, compassionate, and culturally competent care
- Facilitate care by registries, information technology, health information exchange and other means to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want it in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
- Ensure all decisions respect patients’ wants, needs, and preferences and that patients have the education and support they require to make decisions and participate in their own care.
- Continually strive to attend to each patient “whole person,” in the context of the patient’s personal and medical history and life circumstances, rather than focusing on a particular disease, organ, or system
Education: Minimum: BS/BA degree or Human Resources Experience.
Experience: Minimum: 1-year health care industry experience and 5 years leadership experience in management or HR related work.
Preferred: Excellent Excel and MS skills, highly organized, Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, Resourceful and willing to jump in to get tasks accomplished.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Display knowledge of normal signs of human development and ability to assess and provide age appropriate care.
- Contribute to the success of the organization by participating in quality improvement activities
- Respond promptly and with caring actions to patients and employees. Acknowledge psychosocial, spiritual and cultural beliefs and honor these beliefs.
- Maintain professional working relationships with all levels of staff, clients and the public.
- Be part of a team and cooperate in accomplishing department goals and objectives
- Interacts and communicates in a manner to reflect an understanding of the patient’s age, culture, state of health, and level of comprehension
- Maintain current knowledge of policies and procedures as they relate to safe work practices.
- Follow all safety procedures and report unsafe conditions.
- Use appropriate body mechanics to ensure an injury free environment.
- Be familiar with location of nearest fire extinguisher and emergency exits.
- Follow all infection control procedures including blood-borne pathogen protocols
- Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
- Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pre-employment requirements include I-9 verification, physical examination, positive background and reference check results, completed employment application, new hire orientation attendance.
- Comply with all regulations and required schedules regarding OSHA training.
Employee Physical Compliance
- Required physical to be performed annually.
Policies and Procedures Compliance
- Responsible for following all La Maestra Family Clinic policies and procedures.
Meal Period Compliance (Non-exempt employees only.)
- Punch out before 5 hours from the start of shift for meal periods.
Sexual Harassment Training (Management employees only.)
- Comply with all regulations and required schedules regarding sexual harassment training.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
We understand that you are currently licensed to practice law in California. We want to be sure that you understand and agree that in your position in HR Compliance Specialist, you are not being hired as an attorney and are specifically directed not to engage in the practice of law on behalf of La Maestra or any of our clients. Our team of internal and external lawyers are responsible for providing legal advice, as needed. Your present role will be focused on providing HR rather than legal services.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.