Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Salary Range: $24.00- $30.00 Hourly
La Maestra Community Health Centers is currently recruiting for a full time Human Resources Generalist. The HR Generalist is responsible for carrying out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: departmental development, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits, compensation, and employment.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Plans, coordinates and assist in a variety of human resource activities to include employment/recruitment, compensation, employee relations, benefits, and training and development.
- Interview job applicants; review application/resume; evaluate applicant skills and make recommendations regarding applicant’s qualifications.
- Design and conduct new employee orientations.
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
- Recommend, develop and schedule training and development courses.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Responsible for effectively recording, maintaining, and reporting human resources information.
- Evaluates/Investigates human relations, and work-related problems, and meets with management to determine appropriate action.
- Develop and recommend operating policy and procedural improvements.
- Explains/provides advice to staff about company and governmental rules, regulations, and procedures and need for compliance.
- Explains company compensation and benefit programs, such as medical, insurance, retirement, and savings plans, and enrolls workers in specified programs.
- Oversees and administers performance evaluations to ensure that all employees are given performance evaluations at the appropriate time.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related HR Field
- Experience: 1-2 years related HR experience or internship experience in related field. Experience working for a non-profit and/or volunteer coordinating a plus.
- Verbal and Written Communication Skills: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Ability to apply principals of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize while maintaining high standards of accuracy and quality under deadline pressure and with a high level of professionalism
- Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents
- Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills. Skills in updating job descriptions and preparing job announcements and advertisements. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions. Knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines. Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.