Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Job Title: Patient Advocate
Pay Range: $17.00 to $25.00 per hour, Depends on Experience (DOE)
Reports To: N/A
Job Status: Non-Exempt
Maintains patient rights by educating patients; responding to patient and patient family complaints; resolving patient issues; reporting unresolved issues.
- Prevents complaints by counseling with supervisors and managers who see a problem developing; offering suggestions to resolve potential complaints; modifying practices that cause repeated complaints.
- Documents complaints by listening to patient and patient family complaints; documenting details; determining what resolution is sought.
- Resolves complaints by listening to patients and their families; directing them to a physician or supervisor; helping them present facts to the clinic representative; developing acceptable resolutions; following-up on outcomes.
- Alerts administrator by documenting unresolved complaints and potential legal actions.
- Maintains patient and family confidence by keeping complaint information confidential.
- Serves and protects the clinic community by adhering to professional standards, clinic policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing patient complaint processes; implementing changes.
- Attend staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Education: Associates Degree preferred.
Experience: 2-5 years experience working in a customer service position in a healthcare clinic or medical office.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual (English/Spanish). Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.