Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Job Title: Quality Compliance Specialist
Reports To: Chief of Risk Management and Corporate Compliance
Status/Hours: Non Exempt
It is the responsibility of the Quality Compliance Specialist to assemble assigned departmental reports and documentation related to quality management and performance improvement activities within the Center for Discovery system. The Quality Compliance Specialist works with the Quality, Compliance and Risk to plan, organize, and assist the quality improvement process. Responsibilities include assisting with clinical improvement initiatives, ensuring regulatory compliance, and promoting improved health care outcomes.
- Compiles data and assembles reports related to quality compliance activities as assigned
- Performs Internal Chart Review Audits to systematically evaluate and improve patient care
- Collects data for internal chart review audits
- Assists and guides auditors during the inspections for both chart and clinical accordingly
- Schedules annual medical equipment calibration and schedules fire extinguisher services accordingly
- Maintains an inventory of medical equipment among La Maestra facilities
- Schedules employees to obtain In-Service trainings through the County and Human Services accordingly, collect in service training certificates
- Maintain current copies of provider, MA, and phlebotomist credentials to present during audits through our multiple insurance programs
- Assist the Compliance Department with any NCQA, Joint Commission Accreditation and State licensing activities whenever requested.
- Communicates with internal and external professionals, staff members, employees as required and in particular with members of the QI/QC Group and the Directors of Operations of various departments
- Participates in on-going department training and attends department meetings when required
- Continually assists in updating the policy and procedure manual
- Works after hours when requested
- Keeps all client, family, and professional information confidential during and after time of employment
- Assist and guide auditors during the inspections for both, chart and clinical accordingly
- Schedules Fire Extinguisher services accordingly
- Schedules annual medical equipment calibration
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend staff meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Patient Centered Medical Home Essential Responsibilities (Principals)
- Collaborate with individual patients, their personal physicians, and when appropriate the patient’s family to ensure accessible, comprehensive, compassionate, and culturally competent care
- Facilitate care by registries, information technology, health information exchange and other means to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want it in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
- Ensure all decisions respect patients’ wants, needs, and preferences and that patients have the education and support they require to make decisions and participate in their own care.
- Continually strive to attend to each patients “whole person,” in the context of the patient’s personal and medical history and life circumstances, rather than focusing on a particular disease, organ, or system
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Experience: 3 years of experience in a related field preferred
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.