Starting Pay: DOE
Location: City Heights (FWU)
Hours of Work: TBD
Status/Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
The Case Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive case management for patients. Receives referral reports from physicians and medical assistants, calls and responds to patients’ needs in person or by telephone.
• Responsible for assessment, case plan development and advocacy.
• Interviews patients to ascertain nature of referral visit. Records information on standard forms and Logs.
• Communicates with physicians or medical offices to which the patient us being referred for medical care. Routes form to appropriate physician or office for action.
• Compiles referrals for records, by category, department office, and disposition.
• Notifies supervisors of patterns of poor provision of service.
• Maintains up to date reference materials and files.
• Communicates with patients to make appointments.
• Meet minimum requirement of 20 referrals per day.
• Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and Resume down below or to:
Human Resources Department
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
|Education:||High School Diploma or GED|
|Certification required:||Medical Assistant Certificate.|
|Experience:||1-2 years experience in physician office or hospital setting as a medical assistant, patient services representative, or similar experience.|
|Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job:||Bilingual (English/Spanish). Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.|
|Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job:||Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.|
|Physical and Mental Requirements:||Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.|