Starting Pay: D.O.E
Location: City Heights
Hours of Work: TBD
As a Medical Assistant (MA) at La Maestra Community Health Centers, this position will assist the Psychi-atric Nurse Practitioners as patients come to see her for services and medication management. The MA must work collaboratively with the other members of their care team, exhibiting flexibility and a “can-do” atti-tude, emphasizing quality of care Patient services are a key priority to this position requiring the MA to act as a point of contact with patients The position must epitomize the mission of the organization, always ex-ercising empathy and respect in all patient/staff interactions.
• Prepare for patient appointments by reviewing patient EHR records prior to appointment. Provides initial medical screening including: greeting patients and directing them to appropriate exam room. Takes weight, height, temperature, blood pressure, and basic medical history; accurately documents in medical chart.
• Alerts provider when patient is ready to be seen; if provider is unavailable, maintains communication with patient keeping them informed of the status of the provider.
• Performs clerical duties including but not limited to: answering phones, checking and responding to voicemails, completing forms, typing, faxing, and scanning patient documents into the EHR in a timely manner.
• Provides back-up support as needed; accepts floating assignments to other departments as needed and assigned.
• Does case management.
• Performs/Administers and charts all vital information.
• Follow and adhere to the approved MA EHR workflows.
• Must exercise empathy and respect to provide excellent customer service for patients.
• Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers pa-tient complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
• Knowledge of company programs, services and resources available to patients.
• Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients.
• Check clinic voicemail messages and take appropriate action (i.e. call back patient, schedule appoint-ment, forwarding message information to intended recipient, etc.) where applicable.
• All voicemails are expected to be checked daily.
• Check-in patient in a timely manager and collect all data needed.
• Self-audit to ensure the proper workflow is being followed and all appropriate data is collected and in-putted to the EMR.
• Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform other job- related duties requested by their supervisor.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and Resume down below or to:
Human Resources Department
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
|Education:||High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required.|
|Experience:||4 or more years of experience in physician office or hospital setting as a Medical Assistant or Patient Services Representative preferred.|
|Certifications required:||Medical Assistant Certificate and current valid CPR card.|
|Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job:||Bilingual preferred. Familiarity with basic Word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.|
|Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job:||Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demon-strate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and ex-perience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.|