Starting Pay: DOE
Location: City Heights
Hours of Work: TBD
Status/Hours: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Under the direction of the Patient Services Representative Supervisor (PSRS) the Patient
Service Representative (PSR) is responsible for the patient check–in process at La Maestra. The PSR is also responsible to assist the patient or his/ her representative to review and complete all necessary forms and disclosure of information via paper or electronically through the EMR or any other software being used. The position is considered a crucial link between the patient and the care delivered by clinical and service staff of the organization. The PSR must work collaboratively with their Care Team and all other clinical services staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a “can do” attitude. Patient services are the key priority in this position requiring the PSR to communicate with our patient population and orient them to our organization, all with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. The position must exemplify the mission of the organization, always exercising, empathy and respect in patient/staff interactions.
Entry-level professional with limited or no prior experience; learns to use professional concepts to resolve problems of limited scope and complexity; works on developmental assignments that are initially routine in nature, requiring limited judgment and decision making. Knows fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of field.
Professional with 3-5 years of experience and proficient in EMR (such as NextGen, Epic, eClinicalWorks and etc.). Applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/ projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action.
Professional with 5 or more years of experience and proficient in EMR (such as NextGen, Epic, eClinicalWorks and etc.) Knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field; independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; possesses broad job knowledge; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions
- Performs day-to-day functions and general office duties including but not limited to word
processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- Welcomes and greets patients/clients/visitors to the department in a manner that is helpful and
friendly; determines purpose of visit and direct patients/clients/visitors to appropriate person or
- Must exercise empathy and respect to provide excellent customer service for patients.
- Verifies method of payment for service (Medi-Cal, Medicare, private insurance, private payer, Sliding
Fee program, etc.) and collects data.
- Explain payment options and arrange for payment according to sliding fee scale.
- Exercises problem-solving and conflict resolution skills when handling patient complaints; refers patient
complaints to appropriate designated personnel as needed.
- Knowledge of company programs, services and resources available to patients.
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients.
- Check clinic voicemail messages and take appropriate action (i.e. call back patient, schedule
appointment, forwarding message information to intended recipient, etc.).
- All voicemails are expected to be checked daily.
- Account for all moneys collected, submit cash and record entry on Cash Receipt Log to the Chief
Financial Officer’s department
- Register/Check-in patients on a timely manager and collect all data needed.
- Self-audit- to ensure the proper workflow is being followed and all appropriate data is collected and
inputted to the EMR.
- works closely with Patient Registration Receptionist (PRR) to ensure coverage at all times and to meet
- Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform other job- related
duties requested by their supervisor.
- Cash handling.
- Cover at different locations/ departments.
- Attend staff meetings if needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned .
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and Resume down below or to:
Human Resources Department
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
|Education:||High school diploma or equivalent required.|
|Experience:||Prior administrative or clerical experience in clinical or community-based setting highly preferred. Experience as a Patient Services Representative or similar duties.|
|Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job:||Bilingual preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.|
|Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job:||Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.|
|Physical and Mental Requirements:||Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.|