Starting Pay: DOE
Location: City Heights
Hours of Work: TBD
Status/Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
It is the responsibility of the Quality Compliance Specialist to assemble assigned departmental reports and documentation related to quality management and performance improvement activities within the Center for Discovery system. The Quality Compliance Specialist works with the Quality, Compliance and Risk to plan, organize, and assist the quality improvement process. Responsibilities include assisting with clinical improvement initiatives, ensuring regulatory compliance, and promoting improved health care outcomes.
• Compiles data and assembles reports related to quality compliance activities as assigned.
• Performs Internal Chart Review Audits to systematically evaluate and improve patient care.
• Collects data for internal chart review audits.
• Assists and guides auditors during the inspections for both chart and clinical accordingly.
• Schedules annual medical equipment calibration and schedules fire extinguisher services accordingly.
• Maintains an inventory of medical equipment among La Maestra facilities.
• Schedules employees to obtain In-Service trainings through the County and Human Services accordingly, collect
in service training certificates.
• Maintain current copies of provider, MA, and phlebotomist credentials to present during audits through our multiple insurance programs.
• Assist the Compliance Department with any NCQA, Joint Commission Accreditation and State licensing activities whenever requested.
• Communicates with internal and external professionals, staff members, employees as required and in particular
with members of the QI/QC Group and the Directors of Operations of various departments.
• Participates in on-going department training and attends department meetings when required.
• Continually assists in updating the policy and procedure manual.
• Works after hours when requested.
• Keeps all client, family, and professional information confidential during and after time of employment.
• Assist and guide auditors during the inspections for both, chart and clinical accordingly.
• Schedules Fire Extinguisher services accordingly.
• Schedules annual medical equipment calibration.
• Run First Third Available Report and share report with supervisors/managers, providers, and QI staff.
• Keep track of new employees and provide QI Trainings; keep track of new employee documentation (signatures,
• Complete PCMH MA Monthly Audits and send results to corresponding supervisor/manager, and update monthly QI PowerPoints slides. Come up with ideas of improvement and provide trainings as needed.
• Answer Patient Portal calls and guide patients (excel sheet to keep track ).
• Coordinate Radys Telemedicine Appointments for ENT and Asthma- Allergy Clinic (keep track of documentation & Separate workflows)
• Reach out to AKW for Medical Equipment Repairs and schedule for tech to come as needed.
• Keep track of Medical Equipment Inventory on SSRS.
• Remind staff to fill out and scan Monthly Fire Extinguisher Reports.
• Train staff on OTTO (Virtual Visit) Appointments and answer any questions pertaining to these visits.
• Ongoing Empanelment for providers.
• Assist Manager on any other needed tasks pertaining to PCMH Application, etc.
• Attend meetings as needed.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and Resume down below or to:
Human Resources Department
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
|Education:||Bachelor’s Degree preferred OR...|
|Experience:||3 years of experience in a related field preferred.|
|Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job:||Bilingual preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.|