Starting Pay: DOE
Location: City Heights, National City & El Cajon
Hours of Work: TBT
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides support and assistance to medical providers
and coordinates direct patient care while facilitating patient flow within the clinic. The RN is responsible for direct and indirect patient care and education. S/he participates in the case management of high risk or complex clinical patients and monitors tracking systems. The RN works collaboratively with other health and social agencies to provide continuity of care.
- Assesses patients for urgency of needs and prioritizes by acuity in a professional and
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or
Physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from
normal and assess condition of patient.
- Perform administrative and managerial functions, such as taking responsibility for a unit’s
staff, HEDIS, compliance and clinical measures.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes
against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments;
following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state
board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Supervises Medical Assistants, Case Managers and oversees all Department activities.
- Assists in adhering to all regulatory requirements and guidelines
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Agrees to travel to other sites to cover the RN as needs require.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and Resume down below or to:
Human Resources Department
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
|Education Required:||Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Bachelor of Science degree preferred.|
|Certification required:||Valid CA Registered Nurse License. Valid CPR certification.|
|Experience:||Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.|
|Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job:||Bilingual preferred|