Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Starting Pay: D.O.E.
Location: City Heights
Hours of Work: TBD
Status/ Hours: Full Time/Non-Exempt
Summary: The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for coordinating with clinical staff to support patients to receive the comprehensive care and referrals essential to health and wellness. The Patient Care Coordinator is responsible for the management of specialty and managed care medical referrals and link-ages to community based partners and educational services.
- Performs day-to-day functions and general office duties including but not limited to word processing, copying, filing, faxing, answering phones and data entry.
- Accountable for appointment reminders via Well App and telephone calls.
- Ensures all Well App inquiries are responded to and documented in the PM system.
- Documents and tracks no-shows for providers of the Family Wellness Department.
- Documents telephone call conversation when speaking with each patient in regards to their medical needs Accountable for checking voicemails daily and returning all patient calls/messages within 24 hours of receiving each message.
- Responsible for making at least 3 follow-up attempts before completing tasked no-shows.
- Communicates with Family Wellness providers to ensure all Medical Records requests are submitted in a timely manner.
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 1-2 years experience in physician office or hospital setting as a medical assistant, patient services representative, or similar experience.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual (English/Spanish). Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.