Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Pay Range: $20.00- $27.00 per hour,
depends on experience (DOE)
Hours of Work: TBD
Status/ Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
• Responsible for assessment, case plan development and advocacy.
• Document when each referrals is ordered through when it is completed in i2i Tracks and NextGen patient management systems.
• Accountable for checking voicemails daily and returning all patient calls/messages within 24 hours of receiving each message.
• Compiles referrals for records, by category, department office, and dispo-sition.
• Communicates with patients to make appointments.
• Documents telephone call conversation when speaking with each patient in regards to the patient’s referral.
• Responsible for following up once per week to close out referral and re-trieve reports from specialist.
• Communicates with physicians or medical offices to which the patient is being referred for medical care. Routes form to appropriate physician or office for action.
• Meet minimum requirement of 20 referrals per day.
• Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients.
• Attend staff meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED.
Certification (Preferred): Medical Assistant Certificate or Medical Office Ad-ministrative Support Certificate.
Experience: 1-2 years experience in physician office or hospital setting as a medical assistant, patient services representative, or similar experience.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.