Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Starting Pay: DOE
Location: City Heights
Hours of Work: TBD
Status/ Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
The Phlebotomist is responsible for performing La Maestra Community Health Center’s routine laboratory tests in order to provide data to patients and providers for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
- Interpret physicians’ orders and secure a requisition before performing test.
- Obtain the correct amount and type of specimen.
- Draw blood from patient’s finger, heel, or vein, observing principals of asepsis to obtain blood samples. Conduct quantitative and qualitative chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, and urine, under supervision of lab supervisor.
- Complete appropriate routing, handling, and processing of various medical specimen.
- Perform tests in an accurate and timely manner.
- Inform physician of abnormal lab results.
- Document all requests and results of in-house lab work accurately.
- Recognize abnormalities and notifies physician immediately.
- Performs daily quality control and cleaning procedures per guidelines.
- Input patients’ tests performed and results in i2i (i.e. A1C test). Making sure all information within and medical charts is documented properly as it is essential to organization and success to the program.
- Order and stock supplies as needed.
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Certification required: Current valid CA Certified Phlebotomy Technician License and current valid CPR certification.
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in physician office or hospital setting as a certified phlebotomist preferred.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to per-form the essential functions.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.