Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Starting Pay: D.O.E.
Location: City Heights, El Cajon
Hours of Work: T.B.D.
Status/ Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $22.00 – $28.70
The Vaccine Coordinator is required to be present when vaccines are delivered and immediately process them into inventory and document all the vaccines in real-time into SDIR/ Nextgen. The Vaccine coordinator must submit the appropriate reports on time as requested per State/ VFC requirements. Vaccines are expensive and sensitive to temperature. Careful vaccine coordination is essential to ensure that acceptable temperature ranges are maintained.
• Ensure that acceptable temperature ranges have been maintained.
• Rotate the vaccine inventory so that vaccines with shorter expiration dates are used first.
• Store vaccines in their original packing and position them 2-3 inches away from the walls and floor, allowing space for air circulation.
• Ensure that there are no expired vaccines in the refrigerator or freezer.
• Separate 317/VFA-supplied vaccines, VFC-supplied vaccines, and State General Fund-supplied and privately purchased vaccines. Group vaccines by type and clearly label them.
• Never store vaccines in the doors, drawers, or bins.
• Perform routine cleaning on vaccine storage units.
• Use a certified calibrated temperature monitoring device to review refrigerator and freezer temperatures.
• Perform remainders and recalls every week.
• Set up temperature monitor devices.
• Read and record minimum, current, and maximum temperatures on a VFC-supplied log twice a day.
• Take immediate action if temperatures are outside acceptable ranges.
• Retain all paper logs and electronic records for 3 years.
• Perform a physical inventory of all vaccines in stock.
• Place private vaccine orders in a timely manner to keep the supply available for our patients.
• Account for doses of returned or transferred vaccines since the last order.
• Complete and submit VFC/VFA vaccine orders at my VFC vaccines.org.
• Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Certification(s): Medical Assistant Certificate and current valid CPR Card.
Experience: 1-2 years experience in a physician’s office or hospital setting as a Medical Assistant or Vaccine Coordinator preferred.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual preferred. Be Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications, and have accurate keyboarding skills.
Interested Applicants, please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability, or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.