Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Job Title: Cultural Liaison
Reports To: Health Center Director
Job Status: Non-Exempt
La Maestra Community Health Center’s Patient Liaison welcomes and assists patients, their families, visitors, and clients entering the clinic. They are also responsible for answering questions, providing information and directing patients to the appropriate department, thus creating an atmosphere in the clinic that is caring, yet efficient.
- Ability to deal with multiple demands simultaneously as required
- Continuously demonstrating outstanding customer service; greeting all visitors with a smile; demonstrating a warm and caring welcome
- Cordially greets visitors and patients upon arrival
- Ascertains patient’s and/or visitor’s needs and directs them accordingly
- Accurate and legible documentation skills required
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality of patient and client information
- Must be able to adhere to regulatory deadlines for response to patients and families
- Strong computer skills preferred
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to collect, analyze and present data and problem solve successfully
- Ability to relate to persons of all ages and diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities
- Ability to handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy while maintaining a professional image
- Experience in analytical problem solving; high degree of resourcefulness; able to work without close supervision
- Will assist the Front Desk as needed with answering and transferring phone calls and validating parking tickets
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Effective interpersonal skills: oral, written and presentation skills
- Attend staff meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned
Patient Centered Medical Home Essential Responsibilities (Principals)
- Collaborate with individual patients, their personal physicians, and when appropriate the patient’s family to ensure accessible, comprehensive, compassionate, and culturally competent care
- Facilitate care by registries, information technology, health information exchange and other means to assure that patients get the indicated care when and where they need and want it in a culturally and linguistically appropriate manner.
- Ensure all decisions respect patients’ wants, needs, and preferences and that patients have the education and support they require to make decisions and participate in their own care.
- Continually strive to attend to each patient “whole person,” in the context of the patient’s personal and medical history and life circumstances, rather than focusing on a particular disease, organ, or system.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: 1-2 years of job-related experience in the medical field with excellent customer service skills
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual (English/Spanish). Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.