Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Starting Pay: $17.00 to $26.00 per hour, Depends on Experience (DOE)
Location: City Heights, National City, Mobile Unit
Hours of Work: TBD
Status/ Hours: Full Time/Non-Exempt
As a Medical Assistant (MA) at La Maestra Community Health Centers, this position performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities in an approach that emphasizes quality of care, patient safety and customer service. The MA must work collaboratively with the other members of their care team, exhibiting flexibility and a “can-do” attitude. Patient services are a key priority to this position requiring the MA to act as a point of contact with other care teams, departments and sites. The position must epitomize the mission of the organization, always exercising empathy and respect in all patient/staff interactions.
- Moves the patient from the waiting room to an examination room in a timely manner.
- Takes the patient’s vitals, documents the results in NextGen and informs the RN or physician of any abnormalities.
- Records the patient’s medications and performs medication reconciliation, if applicable.
- Perform and records a hearing and vision test, when necessary, and records in NextGen.
- Records patient complaint, patient complaint details, allergies, smoking status, smoking cessation, family, social, and medical history as part of intake on NextGen.
- Administers standing orders as they pertain to patient concerns.
- Updates immunization records in NextGen, if applicable.
- Scans the necessary lab, x-ray, emergency room forms, or other important documents within the medical chart for the physician to be evaluated during the examination.
- Records all phone calls electronically within NextGen.
- Prepares the patient for a physician examination.
- Prepares needed equipment and supplies within the examination room.
- Checks the examination room for cleanliness.
- Administers and documents treatments, procedures and injections.
- Assists physicians with examinations.
- Translates between the physician and the patient by explaining diets, treatments or special instructions to be followed by the patient. Translations must be verbatim to what has been stated by the physician, unless instructed otherwise.
- Gathers and performs necessary lab, x-ray, immunization, etc., for the patient, as instructed by the physician.
- Administers medications by mouth, as instructed by the physician.
- Performs treatments as ordered by provider and supervised by the RN.
- Cleans specialty areas to provide back-up coverage and assist as necessary (Pediatrics, OB GYN). The MA must be knowledgeable of specialty services, instruments, supplies and equipment.
- Removes all contaminated items in the examination rooms before exiting.
- Soaks instruments as needed in special solutions. (Depending on specialty)
- Obtains consent before minor surgical procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Certifications required: Medical Assistant Certificate/Diploma and CPR certification.
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in a community clinic, Physician office or hospital setting as a Medical Assistant preferred.
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups.
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize while maintaining high standards of accuracy and quality under deadline pressure and with a high level of professionalism.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: email@example.com | Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.