Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Starting Pay: D.O.E.
Location: City Heights
Hours of Work: TBD
Status/ Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
The Care Team Specialist is responsible for greeting patients, clients, and visitors entering the clinic. The Care Team Specialist is also responsible for checking-out patients, becoming familiar with all self-pay and third party insurances, creating appointments for patient, providing a patient plan connecting them to needed services and ensuring all care team information was input correctly. Customer service is a core competency for the Care Team Specialist.
- Greet patients, clients, and visitors when they are checking out following all organizational customer service guidelines (refer to Customer Service Policy).
- Checks-out the patient following their appointment through NextGen enterprise practice management (EPM) auto flow process, which includes updating the patient’s demographics, and scheduling follow up appointments.
- Printing out a Patient Plan through the NextGen electronic health record (EHR).
- Printing out Patient Education if applicable to patient.
- Printing out information regarding new medications and giving them to patients as they are checking out.
- Creates needed follow up and preventive screening appointments for patients after their visit with the provider
- Generate Same/Next Day reports to prepare for patients coming for their appointments and to see what additional services they qualify for.
- Answer telephones (includes scheduling appointments) and provide information on Clinic operations following La Maestra’s established Phone Call Etiquette.
- Schedule appointments using the PCMH script for all departments and sites and corrects scheduling Errors.
- Assign patients to a Primary Care Provider (see PSR Procedures and Protocols) when appropriate.
- Re-assign patients to a Primary Care Provider (see PSR Procedures and Protocols) when appropriate.
- Re-schedules patients if provider is unavailable while following the PCMH script.
- Always maintain La Maestra’s Phone Call Etiquette (see PSR procedures and Protocols).
- Check clinic voicemail messages and take appropriate action (i.e. call back patient, schedule appointment, forwarding message information to intended recipient, etc.).
a. All voicemails are expected to be checked daily
- When Checking out the patient, if patient is no longer covered, Care Team Specialist must inform patient, explain payment options and arrange for payment according to sliding fee scale when appropriate and give the patient information regarding obtaining insurance if applicable
- Responsible for being familiar with the guidelines and standards of government programs and health insurances the clinic is engaged in and patients’ use, in paying for services.
- Responsible for scanning and archiving documents into patients chart in a timely manner.
- Call patients if the patient did not check out to schedule any preventive services.
- Inputs Imaging Referral orders into EHR for In House ultrasounds and X-rays .
- Generates Referrals that are in the referral tab when patient is in Check out.
- Schedules appointments for In House Referral orders that were completed by the time the patient Check oust.
- Ensures that all Care Team information was correctly placed in the system by other staff as the patient Checks Out and passes out Patient Satisfaction Surveys.
- Provides weekly productivity reports to supervisor.
- Attend daily huddles for their Care Team.
- Other functions as directed by the supervisor.
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Certification: Medical Assistant Certificate preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in a physician office or hospital setting as a Patient Services Representative or registration preferred.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions. Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.