Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Salary range: $110K-$150K (D.O.E)
Direct and provide outpatient care to clinic patients and ensure quality assurance including examination of patient’s eyes, sight testing, diagnoses of visual disorders and diseases, determining course of treatment, providing and supervising appropriate treatment for such diseases, including glaucoma, cataract and diabetes.
- Take and record patients’ histories to understand what may have led to eye disease or disorders
- Examine patients’ eyes using observation, instruments, equipment and pharmaceutical agents
- Determine visual acuity and perception to diagnose diseases and abnormalities
- Maintain knowledge of eye diseases such as color blindness and glaucoma
- Perform tests on patients by operating eye testing equipment
- Analyze test results to determine cause and nature of eye disease
- Formulate and implement treatment plans to counter eye problems and disease
- Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases after ensuring that patients are not allergic to them
- Educate patients on the use and care of eyes such as visual hygiene and contact lens care
- Refer patients to ophthalmologists or other healthcare professionals if eye problems are beyond scope of practice.
- Provide pre and post-operative care to patients due to undergo eye surgeries such as laser vision correction and cataract removal
- Prescribe therapeutic and corrective procedures such as eye exercises and patching for patients with strabismus or lazy eye
- Remove foreign substances from eyes and ensure that patients understand eye care properly
- Provide patients with information on handling eye care activities during regular days
- Prescribe vision glasses to patients suffering from bad eyesight
Education: Optometry Doctorate from an accredited college of Optometry
License: Active valid CA Optometrist License
Certification: Active valid CPR Certification
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual preferred. Familiarity with basic word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.