Website La Maestra Family Health Center
Starting Pay: D.O.E
Location: City Heights
Hours of Work: T.B.D
Status/ Hours: Full Time
The Registered Nurse (R.N.) provides support and assistance to medical providers and coordinates direct patient care while facilitating patient flow within the clinic. The RN is responsible for direct and indirect patient care and education. The R.N. participates in the case management of high risk or complex clinical patients and monitors tracking systems. The RN works collaboratively with other health and social agencies to provide continuity of care.
- Assesses patients for urgency of needs and prioritizes by acuity in a professional and friendly manner.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient’s condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Perform administrative and managerial functions, such as taking responsibility for a unit’s staff, HEDIS, compliance and clinical measures.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Participates in department or unit quality improvement activities.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against pa-tient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Supervises Medical Assistants, Case Managers and oversees all Department activities.
- Assists in adhering to all regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Agrees to travel to other sites to cover the RN as needs require.
Education Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
Certification required: Current valid CA Registered Nurse License. Current valid
Experience: Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Verbal and Written Skills to perform the job: Bilingual preferred. Familiarity with basic
word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications. Accurate on keyboarding skills.
Technical knowledge and skills required to perform the job: Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the demonstrated ability to work with diverse individuals and groups. Demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction. Knowledge of communities we serve. Knowledge and experience working in medical settings and interacting collaboratively with medical teams. Skill in analyzing situations and making timely decisions.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Work involves sitting, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms. The employee may be required to push, pull, lift, and/or carry up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested Applicants please submit Cover Letter and resume to:
Human Resources Department
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 619-269-1291
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.