Website La Maestra Community Health center
Job Title: Dental Assistant
Pay Range: $20.00 to $27.00 per hour, depends on experience (DOE)Status/ Hours: Full Time/ Non-Exempt
La Maestra Community Health Centers is currently recruiting for Dental Assistants. The Dental Assistant is responsible for performing chair side support services, procedures, and general office procedures under the supervision of a dentist.
- Assist the DDS with patient care, by providing and explaining the DDS instructions
- Clean room after finishing with procedures
- Route patient back to the front desk with post-examination/procedure instructions (i.e. to check out, schedule next appointment, fill prescription, etc.)
- Clean all instruments after procedures
- Prepares and maintains all dental instruments, supplies, and equipment
- Call next patient immediately after setting the room
- Maintain inventory and order supplies
- Assure proper operation and maintenance of equipment by performing inspections
- Be able to perform Spore test weekly, clean x-ray developer and autoclave weekly (following proper procedures)
- Take X-rays (proper certification required)
- Take oral impressions for diagnostic and opposing models
- Remove post-extraction and periodontal dressings
- Prepare dental materials, including but not limited to, cements, amalgam, composite, impression materials, etc.
- Apply non-aerosol and non-caustic topical agents
- Apply topical fluoride, after scaling and polishing by the supervising DDS or RDA
- Place and remover rubber dams or other isolation devices
- Place, wedge, and remove matrices for restorative procedures
- Responsible for dental charting
- Delivers patient personal care oral instructions
- When needed, delivers community dental health presentations, plans, assembles, and manages health fair booths
- Extra oral duties or functions specified by the supervising DDS.
- Maintain effective communication and working relationships with other employees and patients
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Certification required: Dental Assistant Certificate; CPR Card
Experience: 1-2 years’ experience in a dental office or similar setting as a front or back office dental assistant preferred
La Maestra Community Health Centers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, disability or any other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit lmfc.quickbase.com.